Tuesday, June 17, 2014

three years

Three years ago today, I married my best friend.  Trevor and I were high school sweethearts, each other's first date and first kiss.  We were best friends before we started dating our senior year.  On our first date, I almost threw up a milkshake and Trevor accidentally threw a kid off a playground merry-go-round... and we've been crazy about each other ever since.

One of my favorite memories of our wedding day was the ceremony.  It was held in Trevor's family's back yard and paper lanterns and tissue paper flowers were hung in the trees.  We were blessed to be surrounded by friends and family as we laughed and cried through the ceremony.  Trevor's dad was the officiant and we wrote our own vows so everything felt personal.



I ended my vows to Trevor with a quote from Winnie the Pooh, "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."  Every year that rings more and more true.

all photos by Jenuine Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment