Tuesday, July 22, 2014

21 weeks

too bad there isn't a regulation size pomegranate... 
baby Baldwin is also the size of a fanny pack right now too.

How far along: 21 weeks. As I talked about here, the due date was wiggled since our little guy was looking so big on the ultrasound, so it's nice to finally be doing a week update. And, because of the due date wiggling, the half way mark totally snuck up on me!
General feeling: Good, I just feel like I'm not getting enough sleep and I can't figure out how to get my legs to stop cramping up. I went crazy earlier this week and decided to wash all the baby clothes we have so far... I tried to talk Trevor into installing the car seat already, but he just looked at me like I was a madwoman. 
Boy or girl? Little baby boy.
Weight gain: nine pounds
Maternity clothes: Just belly banding and using a hair elastic-ing it for right now, which is working out fine and makes it easy to continue using a lot of my clothes. I ordered a few pairs of maternity pants from thredup, ($30 for 3 pairs of pants- whoo hoo!), and I figure those might be easier to wear than my normal dress pants. Those are hard, because with the weird button and hook-and-eye setup, there's no easy place to use a hair elastic to help hold them up.
Innie or outie belly button: Innie, but not by much.
Rings on or off: On.
Movement: We've got a wiggler on our hands. I feel the most movement in the evening, and I keep making Trevor put his hands on my belly, but he has yet to feel anything. 
Cravings: Nothing crazy, just tomatoes and carbs all the time.
Sleep: Don't get me started here. I have no idea how I'm going to sleep for the next 4 1/2 months. My OB told me to start sleeping on my left side as much as I could, and I didn't think it would be so hard. My hips hurt half way through the night from staying only on my left side (even with using a body pillow). I keep wanting to roll onto my belly, which was my go-to sleep position, and that's no longer comfortable. Argh.
Best moment of this week: Having a long birthday weekend this past week and spending so much time with family. Even though I've been feeling movement for about a month now, it still makes me smile the biggest, goofiest smile whenever I feel a kick or poke.
Looking forward to: Meeting this little guy! And for some reason, I've got a major jones-ing for Thanksgiving food. Normally once my birthday passes, I'm ready for fall to come, but I'm already antsy for the holidays to get here.

Linked up on: lifeoffaithblogourtableforsevenwhitelightsonwednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment