Friday, May 30, 2014

love list


It's finally Friday! Trevor and I have been looking forward to this weekend for so long. We're hosting a cook out with family from both sides and we'll also announce our exciting baby news to our family. Since I've been looking at summery recipes all week to get ideas for the cook out, a few of my favorites are food.

1. City Quilt Kits- Haptic Lab is selling DIY kits to make quilts that instead of quilt blocks, you have city blocks on the quilt. The kits include a map of many major cities, a world map or even a map of the stars. You can stitch up and down the city blocks and embroider certain areas that have important meaning to you.  They have so many pictures of the different quilts made and I love that you can make them so personal!

2. S'mores cheesecake- Get into my belly right now. S'mores. Cheesecake. Enough said.

3. Lavender Lemonade- I love lavender and I love lemonade, and this makes me think so much of summer. I just planted lavender outside in our yard, and I can't wait to try this recipe out!


I've taken so many pictures of our polka dotted master bedroom and the herringbone wall (still in progress) in the nursery. I'm going to be posting tutorials on both projects since I've found out through trial and error what works and what doesn't for these projects. 
ps- here's a sneak peek at our herringbone wall that I am in love with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment