Saturday, August 16, 2014

love list



These zucchini oatmeal choco chip cookies are amazing. I decided to make a double batch of the recipe since our zucchini could've fed an army. And it's a good thing I did. I went through the first full tray of cookies right when they were cool enough. Whoops. Worth it.

Right now I am in nesting mode. I want to clean and organize everything and I'm on the sewing machine once a day whipping something up. I have a to-do list that is made up of things to make or do around the house that'll make it a little more home-y. One project I've been dying to do for a while now is a DIY tufted headboard. I'm terrified, but I collected dozens of tutorials on my inspiration pinboard and figure I'll take a whack at it in the next week or two. What's the worst that could happen, anyways?


It is so exciting to see the nursery come together more and more. This past week, we received a rocking chair from my parents that fits perfectly in the space (and the cat, our official tester, refused to get out of the chair. He's a fan.) This past week, I made a fox basket to use on the dresser/changing table. Right now, I'm using it for the swaddle blankets we have so far, but it might be a catching area for cloth diapers in the future.


And on the subject of foxes, this drawer pull from Anthropologie is the cutest thing ever. I don't want to really have a themed nursery (our theme is "baby room", ha), but I can't get over how sweet this hardware is. I keep thinking about using it on the dresser or on a bedside table we're going to bring up.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment