Monday, October 27, 2014

nesting and diy-ing

This past week or so has been a blur of cleaning and working on different projects.  I'm so happy about everything we're able to knock off our to-do list, particularly all the sewing projects I've been able to get done.  I love finding easy tutorials on Pinterest and I adore projects where the fabric shopping is more time consuming than the cutting, pinning and sewing. 

First, I made a nursing cover that doubles as an infinity scarf.  I had extra knit material lying around and with one straight seam, this came together so quickly.  It was also so nice to finally have something for a cover for nursing- I don't really like any of the ones made specifically for nursing and was just hoping I could find a lightweight blanket big enough to work.

I also made a boppy slipcover and a changing pad cover.  I was able to get each of these projects done in an evening and the fabric shopping really was the longest part of the entire process.  I didn't follow the directions for the boppy slipcover exactly and put the zipper in the back seam instead of on the bottom.  I hate putting in zippers, and about half-way through I thought about just sewing the slipcover on permanently.  Ugh.  After seam ripping and re-adjusting everything worked out.  I totally put it in the "user error" column.  I love the fabric I found and it looks perfect in the nursery.

Speaking of nursery, there are a few more things that need to get done in there before it's totally ready for the baby.  Trevor and I are getting wood this week for an art project to go above the bookshelves and we're getting new windows installed this weekend.  The countdown is on and I can't wait to post pictures of the finished nursery. 

Have a super Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment