Saturday, February 14, 2015

nursery tour

After two months of Oliver's room being done, I'm finally getting around to posting a nursery tour! This is my favorite space in our house and we definitely spend quite a bit of time in there. 

This bookshelf wall is my favorite part of the room.  We found picture frame shelves at Ikea and attached them to the wall.  I got the idea from dozens and dozens of pins on Pinterest doing the same thing.  I really like the shelves because they're deep enough that thick board books can easily fit on the shelves.  We'll wait and see how they hold up once Oliver begins to climb on things... 



The wooden sign was the last project I finished for the nursery.  The large, blank space above the shelves made the corner look unfinished.  When browsing through nursery ideas, I came across this saying and I fell in love with it.  I wanted to create an art piece with the quote that would look a little bit rustic.  Trevor cut the wood and assembled the sign and I made a stencil and painted everything.  It turned out so much better than I thought it would and is something I know we'll keep for a long time.


Oliver's closet is becoming more and more empty as he's quickly outgrowing his clothes.


Here's that herringbone wall!  Trevor still has sworn off painting for a while due to this project.  


It certainly seems like we spend a lot of time at the changing table.  On the left, we have a basket where we keep all of Ollie's clean cloth diapers (which we love! We thought it would be so much harder than it is, but it's working out so well!).  We keep lavender baby lotion nearby so it's handy when we're getting ready for bed at night.  

When I was registering for a baby registry, I heard to skip the wipe warmer- but I still put it down regardless.  I am so so happy we got one.  Oliver doesn't cry or fuss through diaper changes at all and I really think warm wipes have helped with that.  Anything to make those middle of the night diapers easier!  In the fox basket, there's a stash of disposable diapers, diaper rash cream, and odds and ends.




When I was first nursing, I felt like I was glued to this rocking chair.  A few days after Oliver was born, we stocked the drawers of the little cabinet with tubes of lanolin and granola bars (I am so much hungrier nursing than I was when I was pregnant!).  I went out and bought a clock for the room once I realized how hard it was to track feedings without knowing the time. 


When the nursery was first set up, the green chair wasn't in there.  Trevor came to hang out so often when I was nursing that we wanted someplace for him to be able to sit. 


Oliver's been sleeping in his crib since he was about a week old.  We had initially put him in a rocker in our room, but he grunts and makes so much noise in his sleep that we were awake all night.  He didn't have a problem adjusting to his crib and sleeps like a champ right now.  (Ps- don't worry, the crib bumpers are the mesh kind, so Oliver's not going to suffocate against them...)


We loved decorating and getting the nursery ready before Oliver came along and it's such a cozy space to spend time in now!


No comments:

Post a Comment