Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015



Happy new year!  I love New Years... it makes me think of a brand new notebook- blank, empty lines ready to be filled in.  I remember talking with Trevor at the beginning of 2014 about what our wishes and hopes were for the year.  I remember telling him I was hoping I'd be able to write down an OB appointment or two in my 2014 planner... now I'm able to write down a first birthday in my 2015 planner.  It's crazy how much life can change in a year.

I love having goals.  When I was in college, I was encouraged to include action steps and finish dates for goals I had.  That made it so much easier for me, because action steps gave my goals a plan and dates gave me a deadline.  My goals for this upcoming year are pretty typical (be more organized, work out consistently, read more...), but in addition to resolutions I have a word I want to remember through the year.  

My word for 2015 is "intentional".  I want to be intentional and purposeful in my interactions in this new year.  I've realized over the past few weeks of having a newborn at home how easy it is to zone out or wish for a nap when I'm with people instead of being a good listener and investing in the conversations.  I want to be intentional with my time with Trevor, Oliver and other people close to me. 

What are your goals for 2015 or a word you want to define the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment